What We Offer

LuxuryLuxury
Country LivingCountry Living
AffordableAffordable

Caliço Park is an all year round, residential park, set in 9 hectares of rolling countryside on a south facing hill overlooking the village of Vila Nova de Cacela.

Mobile Homes for Sale

Casa Arkell

Casa Arkell

#Resales

2
4
1
View Details
Casa Mandy

Casa Mandy

#Resales

2
4
1
View Details
CASA SEANOR

CASA SEANOR

#Resales

2
6
2
View Details
Casa do Sol

Casa do Sol

#Resales

2
4
1
View Details

Homes for Rent

Casa Azul

Casa Azul

#Rent

From48€

1
2
1
View Details

Check In

Check In/Check Out

Check Out

Camping

For a tranquil and quiet relaxed atmosphere, Calico park is well presented throughout and offers an expanding array of facilities and a good friendly community feel.

WC for WheelchairsWC for Wheelchairs
Fair ShadeFair Shade
Spaces for CaravansSpaces for Caravans
Camping Area for TentsCamping Area for Tents

Park Facilities

For a tranquil and quiet relaxed atmosphere, Calico park is well presented throughout and offers an expanding array of facilities and a good friendly community feel.

WIFIWIFI
Swimming PoolSwimming Pool
Restaurant and BarRestaurant and Bar
Children PlaygroundChildren Playground

Local Amenities & Attractions

Points of Interest

Activities

The Natural Reserve of Sapal de Castro Marim and Vila Real de Stº António (RNSCMVRSA) is located in the southeast of the Algarve, near the mouth of the river Guadiana, covering a territory integrated in the two municipalities that give it the name: Castro Marim; and Vila Real de Sto António.

The salt marsh of Castro Marim and Vila Real de Santo António was the first Nature Reserve created on the Portuguese continent.
The biological interest of the area in its multiple ecological, botanical, ornithological and ichthyological aspects, the archaeological value of the Castro Marim agglomerate, as well as the high sensitivity of the area and its influence on regional economic factors, such as fishing, saliniculture and of tourism, were the reasons invoked in the diploma that creates the Reserve.

From the viewpoint that is the castle of Castro Marim, built by Alfonso III in 1242 and around which the village grew, one can admire the curious reticulated landscape, mixed estuary, marshes, brackish water bodies, salinas, pastures , puddles, props and extensions without vegetation.
A geometry of lands and waters to which the mirror of the salty confers unforeseen reflexes. Nowadays, saliniculture, fish farming, agriculture and fishing share the essential part of the exploitation of natural resources.
The Natural Reserve is confused with the marsh which extends along the Guadiana, between Castro Marim and Vila Real de Santo António, a flat area with low altitudes, furrowed by a network of steers that ensure drainage and open to salt water. The dominant monotonous green alinda is in the spring with the red with which the Mesembryanthemum nodiflorum covers the slopes of the salinas. The highest areas have spots of Mediterranean maquis.
The steers are prime spot for breeding fish and crustaceans. Castro Marim serves as a habitat or simple refuge for the large population of water birds, namely the Stilt Himantopus himantopus and the tailor Recurvirostra avosetta. The white stork Ciconia ciconia stands out by the number of occupied nests. Also present were summer birds, the case of the flamingo Phoenicopterus roseus and the dwarf tern Sternula albifrons, and wintering birds, such as the limosa littoral tortoise and the common prairie Calidris alpina.
In the near coastal dunes one records the occurrence of Chamaeleo chamaeleon chameleon, observable in certain sections of the Algarve coastal strip and even in the barrier islands of Ria Formosa.

Points of Interest

Golf

Situated between 2 golf courses in Vila Nova De Cacela, this 4-star resort features a swimming pool and a full-service health club with an indoor pool. Access to the golf course and free shuttle to the beach are available.

The Quinta da Ria's 18-hole Golf Course was designed by Rocky Roquemore to take advantage of the natural setting of a Nature Reserve with the blue sea at its southern limit and is the Quinta de Cima golf course.

Points of Interest

Villages

During the Arab occupation a fortress was built, whose nucleus gave origin to the present castle.
Due to its strategic location near the border with the Kingdom of Castile in Spain, Castro Marim became, after the reconquest by the Christians, the seat of the Order of Christ. The castle was built by king D. Afonso III, in sec. XIII. With the transfer of the headquarters from this military and religious order to Tomar, Castro Marim lost its importance and its population was reduced considerably.
Classified as a National Monument since 1920, the castle stands on a bridge and once defended the town's harbor.

Points of Interest

Activities

Leisure park inserted in the National Forest of Santa Rita. It has a small playground for children, with some children's amusement equipment, being especially nice on the hottest days. The leisure park of the Santa Rita / Conceição de Tavira Forestry Perimeter is a natural space where there is a small herd of semen that you might be lucky enough to observe. It also has four footpaths, a picnic area, a children's playground and a waterfowl observatory, being a perfect place to be in direct contact with nature and what it has the best to offer. It is frequent the observation of the duck, the blue handle, the hoop, the red partridge and the rola. Also the wild boar, the fallow deer, the rabbit, the hare and the snake snake coexist in this habitat.
It had its initial afforestation in 1920, with acacias and eucalyptus trees. It had as its initial function the exploitation of firewood for lime kilns and tannins for the tannery industry. The landscape is as attractive as it is diverse, both at the level of fauna and flora. The forest cover is now made up of acacias, eucalyptus, meadow pine, cork oak, holm oak and some cypress and carob. The fauna presents a rich offer not only in birds but also in mammals, reptiles and amphibians.

Points of Interest

Villages

Where today is the city of Vila Real de Santo António, in historical times there was a small fishing village near the River Guadiana, called Santo António de Avenilha. The town was completely destroyed by the earthquake. Shortly afterwards, the Minister of the Kingdom, the Marquis of Pombal, decided to build a city in the sinister place, to demonstrate strength to Spain, the neighboring country little loved. The Marquis of Pombal resorted to techniques, which have already proved their worth in the reconstruction of the equally destroyed capital, Lisbon. In record time, that is, in just five months was born a city, developed the ruler and square, with a plant that imitates a chessboard. In honor of King D. José I was baptized of "Vila Real", with reference to the village tragically disappeared, also maintained the name of the patron saint Santo António.
During the 19th century, Vila Real de Santo António was a very important center for fishing for tuna and sardines and also an indispensable port of the ore trade. In 1886, Vila Real was the first city in the Algarve to receive a gas lighting system, a historical detail that also illuminates the grandeur and importance of this city in times gone by.
Since the decline of fishing activity and the fishing industry in the 1960s, tourism plays the leading role in the Leeward economy.

From Rio Guadiana and along almost ten kilometers to the banks of the lagoon system of the Ria Formosa near Cacela Velha, stretches a landscape of wonderful beaches and wide. Here the water is shallow and warmer than in the Barlavento and provides excellent beach vacation conditions for families with young children.
The Marquês de Pombal Square is the central town square, named after the Kingdom Minister who ordered the reconstruction of the city after the devastating earthquake of 1755. The church, located on the outskirts of the square, is flanked by a group of buildings identical construction. This building ensured the reconstruction of the city in just five months. The obelisk in the center of the square is dedicated to King D. José I.
The Avenida da Republica, bordered by palm trees, is characterized by Art Nouveau buildings. Among them, here in the marginal and overlooking the river, is the Hotel Guadiana, the first hotel that opened its doors in the Algarve. A small marina is on the north side of the waterfront. The jetty next door is starting point for boat excursions upriver. The boat to Ayamonte on the Spanish bank of the river also departs from here is down the only direct link between the two cities.

Points of Interest

Nature Reserve - Sapal de Castro Marim / Vila Real de Santo António

The Natural Reserve of Sapal de Castro Marim and Vila Real de Stº António (RNSCMVRSA) is located in the southeast of the Algarve, near the mouth of the river Guadiana, covering a territory integrated in the two municipalities that give it the name: Castro Marim; and Vila Real de Sto António.

The salt marsh of Castro Marim and Vila Real de Santo António was the first Nature Reserve created on the Portuguese continent.
The biological interest of the area in its multiple ecological, botanical, ornithological and ichthyological aspects, the archaeological value of the Castro Marim agglomerate, as well as the high sensitivity of the area and its influence on regional economic factors, such as fishing, saliniculture and of tourism, were the reasons invoked in the diploma that creates the Reserve.

From the viewpoint that is the castle of Castro Marim, built by Alfonso III in 1242 and around which the village grew, one can admire the curious reticulated landscape, mixed estuary, marshes, brackish water bodies, salinas, pastures , puddles, props and extensions without vegetation.
A geometry of lands and waters to which the mirror of the salty confers unforeseen reflexes. Nowadays, saliniculture, fish farming, agriculture and fishing share the essential part of the exploitation of natural resources.
The Natural Reserve is confused with the marsh which extends along the Guadiana, between Castro Marim and Vila Real de Santo António, a flat area with low altitudes, furrowed by a network of steers that ensure drainage and open to salt water. The dominant monotonous green alinda is in the spring with the red with which the Mesembryanthemum nodiflorum covers the slopes of the salinas. The highest areas have spots of Mediterranean maquis.
The steers are prime spot for breeding fish and crustaceans. Castro Marim serves as a habitat or simple refuge for the large population of water birds, namely the Stilt Himantopus himantopus and the tailor Recurvirostra avosetta. The white stork Ciconia ciconia stands out by the number of occupied nests. Also present were summer birds, the case of the flamingo Phoenicopterus roseus and the dwarf tern Sternula albifrons, and wintering birds, such as the limosa littoral tortoise and the common prairie Calidris alpina.
In the near coastal dunes one records the occurrence of Chamaeleo chamaeleon chameleon, observable in certain sections of the Algarve coastal strip and even in the barrier islands of Ria Formosa.

Points of Interest

Clube Robinson Quinta Da Ria

Situated between 2 golf courses in Vila Nova De Cacela, this 4-star resort features a swimming pool and a full-service health club with an indoor pool. Access to the golf course and free shuttle to the beach are available.

The Quinta da Ria's 18-hole Golf Course was designed by Rocky Roquemore to take advantage of the natural setting of a Nature Reserve with the blue sea at its southern limit and is the Quinta de Cima golf course.

Points of Interest

Castle of Castro Marim

During the Arab occupation a fortress was built, whose nucleus gave origin to the present castle.
Due to its strategic location near the border with the Kingdom of Castile in Spain, Castro Marim became, after the reconquest by the Christians, the seat of the Order of Christ. The castle was built by king D. Afonso III, in sec. XIII. With the transfer of the headquarters from this military and religious order to Tomar, Castro Marim lost its importance and its population was reduced considerably.
Classified as a National Monument since 1920, the castle stands on a bridge and once defended the town's harbor.

Points of Interest

Santa Rita Leisure Park

Leisure park inserted in the National Forest of Santa Rita. It has a small playground for children, with some children's amusement equipment, being especially nice on the hottest days. The leisure park of the Santa Rita / Conceição de Tavira Forestry Perimeter is a natural space where there is a small herd of semen that you might be lucky enough to observe. It also has four footpaths, a picnic area, a children's playground and a waterfowl observatory, being a perfect place to be in direct contact with nature and what it has the best to offer. It is frequent the observation of the duck, the blue handle, the hoop, the red partridge and the rola. Also the wild boar, the fallow deer, the rabbit, the hare and the snake snake coexist in this habitat.
It had its initial afforestation in 1920, with acacias and eucalyptus trees. It had as its initial function the exploitation of firewood for lime kilns and tannins for the tannery industry. The landscape is as attractive as it is diverse, both at the level of fauna and flora. The forest cover is now made up of acacias, eucalyptus, meadow pine, cork oak, holm oak and some cypress and carob. The fauna presents a rich offer not only in birds but also in mammals, reptiles and amphibians.

Points of Interest

Vila Real de Santo António

Where today is the city of Vila Real de Santo António, in historical times there was a small fishing village near the River Guadiana, called Santo António de Avenilha. The town was completely destroyed by the earthquake. Shortly afterwards, the Minister of the Kingdom, the Marquis of Pombal, decided to build a city in the sinister place, to demonstrate strength to Spain, the neighboring country little loved. The Marquis of Pombal resorted to techniques, which have already proved their worth in the reconstruction of the equally destroyed capital, Lisbon. In record time, that is, in just five months was born a city, developed the ruler and square, with a plant that imitates a chessboard. In honor of King D. José I was baptized of "Vila Real", with reference to the village tragically disappeared, also maintained the name of the patron saint Santo António.
During the 19th century, Vila Real de Santo António was a very important center for fishing for tuna and sardines and also an indispensable port of the ore trade. In 1886, Vila Real was the first city in the Algarve to receive a gas lighting system, a historical detail that also illuminates the grandeur and importance of this city in times gone by.
Since the decline of fishing activity and the fishing industry in the 1960s, tourism plays the leading role in the Leeward economy.

From Rio Guadiana and along almost ten kilometers to the banks of the lagoon system of the Ria Formosa near Cacela Velha, stretches a landscape of wonderful beaches and wide. Here the water is shallow and warmer than in the Barlavento and provides excellent beach vacation conditions for families with young children.
The Marquês de Pombal Square is the central town square, named after the Kingdom Minister who ordered the reconstruction of the city after the devastating earthquake of 1755. The church, located on the outskirts of the square, is flanked by a group of buildings identical construction. This building ensured the reconstruction of the city in just five months. The obelisk in the center of the square is dedicated to King D. José I.
The Avenida da Republica, bordered by palm trees, is characterized by Art Nouveau buildings. Among them, here in the marginal and overlooking the river, is the Hotel Guadiana, the first hotel that opened its doors in the Algarve. A small marina is on the north side of the waterfront. The jetty next door is starting point for boat excursions upriver. The boat to Ayamonte on the Spanish bank of the river also departs from here is down the only direct link between the two cities.

5 Championship Golf Courses
Stunning Cycle & Walk Paths
Award Winning Beaches

What they say

What a find, a beautiful park in a great real life setting close to the beaches, but not in the touristy hub of it. Very friendly people both staff and home owners. We love it here, and this is where we want to call home in a few years.

Jack Doe

Great camp / caravan park on the Algarve very near to Spain. Not your average park. 4km to beach. Sea view from park. Been coming here 3 years now . Nice people and great part of the world.

Ian McNally

Here we are close to everything but in a quiet and rural place away from all the hustle & bustle. We love the people and the surroundings, in fact we know more people here than in Rotterdam!

Kevin & Barbara O Rourke from Lancashire

Need guidance or details?

Contact Us

Learn about all the opportunities we have for you. Subscribe to our Newsletter.